6.12 Notes for Debugging
- The GNU debugger, gdb, does not yet understand Pascal sets,
files or subranges. Now gdb allows you to debug these things,
even though it does not yet understand some stabs.
- Forward referencing pointers generate debug info that appears as
- No information of with statements is currently given to the
- When debugging, please note that the Initial Letter In Each
Identifier Is In Upper Case And The Rest Are In Lower Case, unless
explicitly overriden with name (see name). This is to
reduce name clashes with libc and other possible libraries.
- All visible GPC Run Time System routines have linker names starting
- The linker name of the main program is pascal_main_program.
This is done because ISO Standard wants to have the program name in
a separate name space.