GNU Pascal (GPC) for Win32 (MSYS)
This page contains information relating to GPC for Win32. The compiler
is based on the MSYS
Please check the GNU-Win32 sites listed below for further details
about Mingw32, MSYS, and Cygwin.
Downloads (please download and install one
of the following)
Source code, etc.
Recent Snapshots (10 November 2004)
Install GPC by going into your MSYS root directory (i.e., "/"), and
extracting the files in the tarball archive, with the directory
BUILDING A GPC COMPILER FOR MSYS
MSYS is a fully functional
self-hosting toolchain. It is a fork of the Cygwin project, and is meant
to be simply a "minimalist"
POSIX environment for building native Windows GNU tools. It is not
meant to be a self-standing and fully fledged Win32 POSIX environment
like Cygwin. However, I like the speed that derives from the minimalist
ideology, and so I have ported GPC to MSYS. Trying to build your own
compiler is not for the fainthearted. A significant amount of patching
of GCC sources is required, and it may not even work in the end.
If you want to try anyway, you need to download and install the full MSYS
the MSYS Developer Toolkit. You might also need to build some additional
GNU tools under MSYS. As far as the compiler sources is concerned, see
RELEVANT GNU-WIN32 WEB SITES
1. The main MSYS site is the same as the Mingw site: http://www.mingw.org
2. The main respository for MSYS binaries is:
1. The main Mingw site is: http://www.mingw.org
* For a list of its mirrors, see: http://www.mingw.org/mirrors.shtml
2. The main respository for Mingw binaries is:
3. The Mingw32 FAQ is here: http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml
1. The main Cygwin site is: http://cygwin.com/
2. For the Cygwin runtime environment and toolchain see: http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
November 2004, The African Chief.